Michael J. Wolnik focuses his efforts in supporting small businesses in the capacity of both Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer, including strategic planning, financial planning and analysis, opportunity analysis, team building, competitor and situation reviews, operational and financial efficiency, and risk management.
Some of my highlights
He worked in community banking for over thirty years, including twenty-two years as an executive officer. His corporate experience includes executive leadership with two nationally-chartered public banks and two mutually-owned banks in Massachusetts. He served as President & CEO of Wakefield Cooperative Bank for four years, where he also performed CFO and COO duties during his nine-year tenure with the bank. His technical training and expertise is in accounting and finance and included early career stints for six years in both public accounting and as an internal auditor.
Mike’s Chief Financial Officer experience includes:
- Profitability drivers
- Cash flow analysis
- Business unit performance
- Balance sheet and revenue mix
- Earnings analysis and forecasting
- Fixed income investment portfolio and funds management
- Enterprise risk
- Liquidity and interest rate risk management
- Capital planning and analysis.
Mike’s executive leadership includes:
- Situational analysis, assessment of competitor trends, and implementation of identified growth opportunities.
- Oversight and administration of retail banking products and services at branch locations and assessment of technology utilization, operating efficiency and business drivers.
- Management of marketing and advertising programs, objectives, and associated business development activities.
- Alignment of marketplace demographics with target audience, customer satisfaction, and product benefit message and delivery.
- Innovative product and service initiatives focused on new markets, new target audiences, and increasing services to existing customers and households.
Mr. Wolnik holds both a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and master’s degree in Finance from the University of Lowell and is also a CPA in Massachusetts.